Want to receive Weather Emergency Closing/Delay notices from the Northwest Local School District?
As the Northwest School District is no longer able to offer a phone call, subscribers will receive a text and/or email message for weather or crisis emergencies. We are pleased to be able to offer this system to all parents whether their children attend public, private or parochial schools.
At this time, we are offering our families the opportunity to register for the public lists. These include 1) NWLSD school closing and delays and 2) individual school emergency announcements. (The staff lists are restricted for school employees only. Please do not attempt to register for these). Private and parochial school parents, as well as community members who wish to be notified when NWLSD schools are put on delay or closed, please sign up for the “Northwest Local School District Closings or Delays.”
To receive the messages, follow these simple steps to enroll:
- Go to www.ohioalerts.org/NWLSD.
- Click subscribe
- Enter your information
- Select the lists that you want – NWLSD closings and individual school messages are available
- Select text or email – (you can only register for one method at a time)
- Enter your number and carrier or your email address
- Type the code word
- Check you are over 13
- You will receive a message saying you are subscribed.
Want both an email and text? Go back and enter the info for the second method